Miss Mindee Vs. The World

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Too Smart for Soda

We aren't big soda drinkers. It's rare. But over Christmas break I and my entire family caught the stomach flu, and once we'd each start to feel a little bit better, we'd sip some soda. My brother, Robbie, was here on one such day, feeling terrible. Later in the evening I offered him some coke to settle his tummy; I filled a glass with ice and poured in the soda. Annibelle quickly went to his side, leaned in and opened her mouth saying, "Aaaaaaaaaa". Translation, "Give me some of that goodness." All she knew is that he had something to drink...with ice. She has no idea what soda is. Next, she moves around to his other side, leans in, looks at me, then back at my brother and says, "Pop?"
All our jaws hit the ground! "Pop?" she says again, as if asking for some. We all began to laugh and shake our heads.
Surely my father must have been standing nearby, whispering into her sweet little ear... who else would teach my 14 month old about soda pop?! Thanks dad. =P

3 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Awwww :)

Mimi Collett said...

Oh, and I hope you're all feeling better now!!

KMDuff said...

ROFL. What a smart girl!

Post a Comment