Miss Mindee Vs. The World

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time, I was a very talented person. At the interview for my most recent job I was asked the question, "What is your strongest quality?", my response? Multitasking. I could do it all! My sister, Kimra, used to call me "The Cleaning Tornado". I could clean her entire house, feed her kids and be working on the laundry in under an hour. I remember thinking to myself, 'this is easy. I'll be a great mom!' Well, it turns out there's a little secret about being a mother, and that is, when you become a mother, you are given a gift; a gift you'd rather not receive, and it is called, (drum roll please)... "Mommy Brain". Oh the joy of this gift! It turns an amazing woman, like my former self, into and absolute twit, like my current self.
Just this past week Annibelle received her very first tooth! (I couldn't be more proud of her for accomplishing such an amazing thing 3 1/2 months early!) Anyway, the 4 days before that cute little tooth made it's first appearance, my sweet, little polkadot, (as I call her), turned into a fire-spitting gremlin! What had become of my sweet little babe?! So I asked her. I held her up and said, "Who are you, and what have you done with my sweet, little babe?" The irony of this, is that just last night, after a particular spell of 'Mommy Brain', Peter said he should hold me up and say, "Who are you, and what have you done with wife". (I think he really meant, what have you done with my wife's sanity).
Alas, the greatest gift of all, becoming a mother, comes with the least desired gift, that of going from Einstein to idiot over night. It's a hard bite to chew. HOWEVER, on the bright side, it has, and will continue to, provide me with hilarious stories to share with you, (which never would have even been possible, back in my "Einstein days").
So, welcome to my blog! And join with me in laughing at myself in my new state of motherhood, and "idiocity".

4 comments:

MamaB said...

Your blog brings back sweet memories. Ah, those were the days!

"M" said...

ha ha! Thanks! Glad I could help. The question is, then, does the sanity ever return????

Mimi Collett said...

aww I think you're still very smart and capable. Look at the wonderful Christmas festivities you planned and pulled off!

"M" said...

Thanks Meemz. =)

Post a Comment