Miss Mindee Vs. The World

Monday, February 2, 2009

Absent minded chicken kabobs

My neighbor came over the other night to chat and fix food with me. My task? To cook the frozen chicken-kabobs in the oven, (while holding a conversation with her, and watching the baby). Well, as I mentioned previously, my multitasking skills have gone down the drain since becoming a mother, and this evening, in particular, I was really struggling! As I listened to her chatting, while stealing glances of Annibelle watching Baby Einstein from her bouncer, I proceeded to "prepare" the kabobs.
I turned on the oven, pulled out a baking sheet, covered it in foil and sprayed it for ultimate 'non-stickness". I then removed 1/2 of the frozen kabobs from their package and placed them on the prepared baking sheet while I tried desperately to check on the baby, and hold a conversation with my friend. (I confess, I was thinking about laundry too...).
Next, I put the remaining kabobs in a freezer storage bag and placed it in the freezer... or so I thought. When I turned around to put the baking sheet/kabobs into the oven, there were no kabobs on it! Where had they gone?! I looked over at the counter and realized I had put the ones from the baking sheet into the freezer! (duh!) Simple fix, right? Not if you're me! Rather than doing the obvious fix, and putting the extra kabobs (still in the packaging) onto the baking sheet, I, instead, pulled the freezer bag out of the freezer, replaced the kabobs to their previous 'pan positions', and proceeded to put the remaining, packaged kabobs into the freezer bag, and then into the freezer.
All the while, my friend is just staring at me, shaking her head. "Wow.", she said. "Wow."
I then put myself on time out and let her finish the baking.
...the kabobs were great.
(Can't help but look in the mirror and ask, "Who are you, and what have you done with my sanity?!"

4 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

I am glad that the kabobs tasted great! :) I think your friend should have mentioned something to you sooner! When I was reading the story, I was worried you were going to say you put the baking sheet in the freezer and the plastic bag in the oven. That would have been a big mess!

GCC said...

HA! I don't know, this sounds like something I'd do simply because I'm talking with someone (let alone monitoring a baby and thinking about laundry at the same time!). Heaven help us all when I have little ones! ;)

Amy Rose said...

One time I was trying to do the dishes and the laundry at the same time, and Hallie was demanding a lot of attention, and all I remember really is that somehow some of my laundry ended up in the trash can, and some of the dishes in the fridge. I was so confused until I found it all, and couldn't help but laugh at myself.

"M" said...

Doesn't that just about wrap it up in a nut shell? LOL Being a mom is like living in a whole different world, isn't it?

Post a Comment