Miss Mindee Vs. The World

Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Hobbies

Today was a MUCH better day. Probably because it started with scripture study. I've been terrible about reading my scriptures for quite a while, especially since Callie was born.
I got a call from my brother a few days ago and he filled in as my dad/patriarch and listened to my woes while giving me some good fatherly/brotherly advice. His suggestion to read my scriptures on LDS.org was a terrific idea! I'm on this computer a lot and it's so easy to read a bit and study any topic I like with the click of a button, sans turning pages and getting paper cuts! It really is wonderful, and since I begin most days by sitting down at this lovely machine, LDS.org is literally an answer to my prayers. (As is my brother and his loving advice).
So today was 60 degrees and sunny! Once I got the girls fed and dressed and worked on a couple projects around the house, I packed up Callie in the SleepyWrap, and Annibelle in the stroller and off we went on a walk around the neighborhood! We ended up at the clubhouse and spent the next 45 minutes or so swinging gently on a porch swing until I met a new neighbor and both the girls fell asleep on the swing! (Super cute!!) After that I packed them back up and headed home for lunch and naps. I didn't get one, but I didn't mind since I was working on a new project.
Speaking of new projects... I am FINALLY coming up with hobbies as a mother, ones that I hope will make me some money. The first one is making flower clips for hair or clothes. It's hard to find good, quality ones and I'm hoping to get a lot made and sold. My newest craft I hope to make a little dough off of is making tutus; simple and elaborate. If I can handle the sewing, I might even try making diaper covers aka, bloomers. I LOVE having something to do for ME, and something that I enjoy so much.
I'm pretty sure I'll be on my own one of these days and will need a way to keep myself afloat; hopefully these 'hobbies' will assist me in that. Until then, I'm just stocking up and enjoying having something to keep me busy and happy. (besides my girls). =)

3 comments:

MamaB said...

I love hobbies! You are very talented. I look forward to visiting again and seeing what you've created!

MamaB said...

I love hobbies! Can't wait to see what you are creating!

Mimi Collett said...

Bloomers are wonderful! I don't know why more little girl outfits don't already come with them. Yay for hobbies!

Post a Comment