Miss Mindee Vs. The World

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Child Again

Do you ever wish you could have just 5 minutes where you didn't have to be the mom, cook, housekeeper, nurse, maid, landscaper, chauffeur, lunch lady, psychologist, mechanic, jungle gym, spouse....? Sometimes I wish I had a few moments just to be me. And in those moments, I often wish I could just be a child again. Just for a few minutes. I'd like to be wrapped up safe in my father's arms, and just be held. I miss that feeling of security. (Husbands don't really ever feel this way because they have us taking care of their every need... Seems a bit backwards if you ask me).

Since starting my own business, (slow going, but getting up in the saddle!) I finally feel like I have an individual identity again, and I LOVE IT!!! Sure, I get tired of measuring and cutting tulle and ribbon sometimes, but when that happens I just focus on what matters most, and that's my two little girls! They always provided me with the necessary relieve from a hard day of work, and know how to make me laugh. I've never known two more hilarious kids in my life! If you haven't had a chance to be around them recently, you're really missing out. They're both growing like weeds!

Callie turned 1 year old last week, and what a cutie! She's loved destroying her birthday cake, and Annibelle felt a sisterly need to help her out in that endeavor. =) Callie is now 1 going on 5. She is so bright and advanced! We call her our little mountain goat because she tries to climb everything, and is fearless! (Not always a great quality in a baby). She has NO idea she is just a baby.

Annibelle will soon be turning 3 years old! She has grown up SO much since her baby sister was born a year ago, and even more since we moved here to NY. In the past few months she has really had a growth spurt and went from wearing 2T to barely squeezing into her 3T clothes! She still has her adorable baby chubs too. (I'm praying that's not due to her heart...) She loves to play with her little sister and sing and dance. She says the funniest things! I can hardly wait until our trip to Hershey so some of you will get to see my cuties!

I've stayed very busy this summer with my business, www.TangerineTutus.etsy.com. (AdornableFlowers.etsy.com still exists, but I"m working on combining it with the afore mentioned shop). I also have a public blog, www.goodbuysgreatbites.com. I'm not great at updating it, but I'm trying! I'm trying to do better about posting pictures too. My computer is about to die, any day now, and has been giving me a lot of trouble. Once we get a new one I hope to really get things cleaned up with that yummy blog of mine!

I also flew out west with Callie last week for my brother's wedding. (The last of us kids to marry!) It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Callie actually fell asleep just as I was going in for the sealing so I was able to attend the whole ceremony. I hadn't been able to go to the Temple in over 3 years, and being in there at Twin Falls, ID was so special. I'd missed feeling the Spirit so strong. I hadn't realized how accustom I'd become to the tension here in my home/family, and realized that I have to do something to clear it up so that my children grow up familiar with the presence of 'The Comforter' in their daily lives.

Well, I suppose I should get up and get a few things done while the others are all napping. (This is a rare phenomenon). Just so you know, I have a special discount code for all of my family to use at TangerineTutus.com. If you're interested, here it is! GOOD2BFAMILY20OFF Let me know what you think of my new woven headbands!

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

Hey, an update! I'm glad I checked. I can't WAIT to see your little cuties in Hershey so soon. I'll have to check out your shop too, I still want to do that thing on my blog... now that I've started blogging again!

Mimi Collett said...

I can't wait to see you, Callie, and Annibelle! It is going to be so much fun. :) I am glad they make your day easier and happier!

Post a Comment