Miss Mindee Vs. The World

Sunday, June 21, 2009

What to do?

Life is full of ups and downs, year to year, month to month, day to day, moment to moment. Mine seem to be more of the "moment to moment" type.
I'm not a big fan of change; it's hard for me. I still long for the 'good old days' when my siblings and I all lived at home together, staying up late and acting like fools while eating Totino's Pizzas. I long to have both parents alive; to have a father to turn to for help with my car, house, garden... I confess that as my mother prepares for her mission with excitement, I feel as though I'm just losing my last parent and becoming an orphan; what will I do? Who do I go to for advice? Who will stay up late with me, adoring my little baby girl and eating salty thing while discussing life and beyond?
So many changes stand at our door step; what/where will the next job be? Should we buy that house we have our eye on, (assuming my Roo finally gets paid)? Is it worth leaving a house we love, for a yard we long for? (Probably). Even more importantly, do I put my baby on that new drug or not? Will it help, or just cause new problems over time. (Not a big fan of medications). With the threat of another open-heart surgery hanging over our heads, I supposed medications aren't that bad in comparison... unless it doesn't help in the slightest. Hmph.
What to do??

4 comments:

Amy Rose said...

Life has so many changes. I wish I lived closer so I could eat salty things with you! I know that's not a solution, but I do know that everything will work out, and you will make the right decisions, because that's the kind of person you are. Love you!

Mimi Collett said...

I definitely miss the days when all the siblings lived together. Wouldn't it be fun if you, Rachel, Amy, and I all lived in the same neighborhood? Maybe some day!

Until then, I second Amy's thoughts. You're amazing, and I know you and Peter will make the right decision about the medicine. Pray about it and go with what you feel.

Meanwhile, Jeff and I will continue to remember you in our prayers.

I know what it is like to feel like an orphan when your parents are far away (speaking of your situation with your mom). What really helped me was Relief Society. Let Relief Society be your mother. And maybe Peter and your Heavenly Father can fill some of the spaces your father left. I know it's not the same, but it can still be good.

I love you!

MamaB said...

Heavenly Father sent Annibelle to you and Peter because you are the parents she needs in. And she is the child you need. He has confidence in your ability to raise Annibelle. I know I didn't always make the right decisions in caring for my kids. Heavenly Father kept with me and answered my prayers even when I asked the same question again and again, not understanding His answer. Sometimes He had to help me know what question I needed to ask. Heavenly Father knows the difficulties we have in sorting out information, making hard decisions and listening for His guidance. He will guide you, one step at a time. "Where love is, there God is also."
You hold Annibelle with all of your love, Heavenly Father holds you and Annibelle with all of His love.

"M" said...

Thanks guys! I'm really blessed to have you as my family!! And I, too, wish we all lived a little closer. All us girlies in the same neighborhood would be awesome!!!
As for Annibelle... I think we will be putting her on the meds; we'll at least try it, anyway. Ugh. I hate meds.

Post a Comment