Miss Mindee Vs. The World

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back in the Kitchen


Now that a month or so has passed since Baby-Roo's open-heart surgery, and she is a toothy 7-month old who can entertain herself for short periods of time, I am finding that if I'm quick and determined, I can manage to fit in time every now and then to make something yummy to eat! My latest discovery/creation is potato soup! I know, I know... this is hardly my usual cake/dessert creation, for which I am well known, yet, some days you just need something salty. Potato soup and homemade bread do the job quite nicely! I've made it 3 times now, and feel comfortable enough to make it w/out even glancing at a recipe. Naturally, I put my own twist on it each time!
Baking has always been a passion of mine, and I'm finally feeling brave enough to try some of the things I have always been afraid of! (Such as cooking with yeast, or meat and making a rue). I can't deny that I excitedly await the day when Baby-Roo is old enough to bake with me in the kitchen. I just hope she is filled with the passion for baking as I am. What fun we will have creating culinary masterpieces together and eating cookies!

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

I am so glad you finally got your potato soup!! (and that you remembered the onion.) :)

It was great to see you!

I am scared of making a rue too. I always make Devin do it.

GCC said...

Looks delicious!! Gotta love homemade soup!

Post a Comment